PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 4
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2008, 11:40
uklad007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking back over the many past posts i think we have to just accept the name and move on, i cant see what else there is to say on the name front, it appears to be final and short of us going out and changing the incorrect signs ourselves then we have to accept the slowness of the changeover too on the roads around the airport.

Paarmo i agree the business decisions taken dont look to have been the best, credit where credit is due the gap by baby was filled quick but i think really where the direction lies is with further building the momentum with Globespan and going all out for a bigger clutch of routes from Ryanair. I am not a fan of that airline but their fares do pull in the people who wouldnt normally travel from certain airports, you only have to look at their foreign bases to see some airports jump from virtually no passengers to having more than MME all due to them alone.

There are many destinations which arent served by anyone in the North East or Yorkshire which if pitched right Ryanair could win over the travelling public.

I cant see many other airlines coming into DTV although Wizz was a surprise welcome - i agree with the posts on MME possibly being a 70-100 seater airport at max but in that space there arent too many options, BE would be the obvious choice but they seem to expanding to the North of us and at Leeds - and i guess you could get RE to look at a couple of routes but if Ryanair did get it right with a few more routes (hopefully not just the existing spanish ones) then even their 189 seaters would get the numbers they need - we only need one airline to really help MME take off (if you pardon the expression!)