PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Sponsorship Rumour?
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2008, 11:38
magnificent_man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just my 2cents but...

I think the largest Airline in the UK not offering any sort of sponsorship is shameful. There is no reason why the national flag carrier (I know Virgin technically is!!) couldn't lop off a little bit of the Fat Cats salaries at the top to provide some sort of Sponsorship program. BA's profits have been huge and the issue of training 20 or 30 Cadet Pilots a year to work for them shouldn't even be an issue.

This is all about cynical economics. Where is the promotion of flying for British Airways as a career? Surely there must be someone in the company who believes that British Airways has a responsibility to promote aviation and flying amongst the young or aspiring flyers!?

Yes there are enough of us willing to career into heavy debt in the pursute of a job, any job, flying with British Airways being the Gold Cup for many. But so what? It shouldnt all be about need. I know its not state run anymore and the better for it but, Quantas, Emirates, Singapore, Cathay and others all seem to do something!? - Correct me if I'm wrong on that.

This used to be one of the top jobs in the UK. A place for many aspiring young pilots to aim for, to work hard for. BA never sponsored huge amounts of people but it was the opportunity that counted. Now the ugly truth is that they don't need to sponsor....so they dont. Great. Inspiring isn't it?

M.M