PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 6
Thread: Ryanair - 6
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2008, 10:48
frfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fr load factor

I can see your concern, but I'm not sure a 2 point drop in load factor calls for a time to majorly rethink Ryanair's route policy. I think people forget, FR have 189 seats to fill, compared to EZY's 156, 33 seats is a lot. FR are carrying 142 pax on average compared to EZY's 132.

You also must remember this is the winter we are talking about. FR will smash EZY in the summer with their PAX numbers due to those extra 33 seats.

Ryanair's policy at the present seems to be expand rapidly into new markets, with 2 a/c bases in order to push competition into failing. It's actually just very clever business. MOL was right to say that in a few years time there will only be 2 major LCC's, FR and EZY. The others dont have the brand power or strength in markets outside of their own to compete. Ryanair are simply now pushing this into reality. Centralwings will be the first to go, followed by other small and struggling airlines; that will either be swallowed up by larger airlines or just left to bleed money. Ryanair will begin to slowly push into competing markets, such as holiday routes (EDI -ALC/PMI/AGP, STN-PMI/ALC etc.) in order to drive competition out.

Its a shame to see smaller LCC's disappear, but its just a cold hard fact of business. FR and EZY are the Tesco and Asda's of the skies......