PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair 'floating base' during line training
Old 6th Mar 2008, 22:29
Rhodes13

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mortally offended RYR driver

Simple fact: Ryan offers the lowest form of Jet employment in Western Europe. Most experienced pilots would not touch them with a bargepole. Those that can will go to a better employer. Those that cannot are stuck with Ryan. Therefore Ryan must be manned (mostly) by the desperate and those not wanted by other airlines.

What an arrogant statement by someone who talks out of their proverbial! Ill ask you this then mate if you seem to know so much about our T&C's then why are there guys here that are ex BA and EZY? Do you work for RYR? Then if you don't how about you leave the commenting to people who actually work there and hearing from a friend of a friend doesn't count.

The Terms are not up for debate you either accept them and work there or don't and fcuk off somewhere else simple!

I mean we must be real **** pilots when there are RYR pilots flying for airlines all over the world! But hey we are the lowest of the low. We are bringing down the whole airline industries terms.

To those of you who constantly use PPRUNE to slag off RYR how about you take care of your own backyard before you stick your noses into ours. And I don't believe for one minute that RYR will determine what your company will pay you guys.

Obviously calypso you will never be paid enough because you are the best of the best. Been to Top Gun lately have you? I hear they only take the best of the best. You'd fit right in with that massive ego of yours!

Back to the ORIGINAL question. Yes you can be sent all over the network. It depends where the line trainers are available. They try not to do it, to give you some stability but sometimes it can't be avoided. Line training takes up to 6 weeks so its quite feasible to live off the salary they pay you. As for positioning you can do that on any RYR flight provided you follow the rules published on crewdock. No need for standby's at all as you are dead heading to your base. As for different Captains I had mostly the same although sometimes I had different ones. Once again depends on their rostering and yours.