PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft operating overhead outside a/d opening hours
Old 6th Mar 2008, 20:43
Dizzee Rascal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Brian81
I know of an incident at an airport (which may or may not be the one were discussing) where the security guard reported an aircraft landing outside of the aerodrome operating hours (by about an hour). He wrote this in the watch log (at the unit that may or may not be the one were discussing) & told ATC about it the next day.

Just to say; it clearly does (& at least once did) happen. Someone time the last few years.
Ahh, yes but this was know to the airport and was not a "large jet" between 22:00 and 03:00am!

In fact, I know of at least 3 or 4 such incidents where helicopters have landed after hours in the last 6 years however, they all occurred during day light hours and from what I have heard, they all were charged (and paid) the fairly hefty extension fee rather than be prosecuted (but that's an entire new thread).

These days, the security guards on duty during the night are alleged to be (at least this week they are anyway) mobile on the airfield all night so hopefully, they would see or hear or even feel an aircraft landing/departing or coming down to 50ft!.

PS. Brian81-sorry I forgot to call you and put you on loud speaker during the meeting however NTR, next meeting due in 2 years so will do so then! Nice champagne thanks to the new SATCO.

GOOD DAY.