PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft operating overhead outside a/d opening hours
Old 6th Mar 2008, 19:30
Brian81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh dear....

*I'm about to throw a cat amongst the pigeons*

I know of an incident at an airport (which may or may not be the one were discussing) where the security guard reported an aircraft landing outside of the aerodrome operating hours (by about an hour). He wrote this in the watch log (at the unit that may or may not be the one were discussing) & told ATC about it the next day.

Where the incident went from there I'm not wise enough to say.

Just to say; it clearly does (& at least once did) happen. Someone time the last few years.

One other thing,
As I read this thread I question; are some of us singing from different hymn sheets? Biggin Hill AIRPORT is inside Class G (& beneath Class A TMA). Maybe some are thinking that we're talking about stuff inside CAS???

I'm pretty sure the thread starter means an aircraft solely outside CAS.

And whilst I'm frantically typing; the ATM at Biggin (feed from LL) is rather patchy in places. I feel whilst a 'big aircraft' flying that low at that time is very very unlikely to go unoticed, in practical theory - it is entirely possibly that an aircraft of smaller size could possibly get to Biggin without being seen by radar but definately heard by residents.

*I hereby deny all knowledge of any said/unsaid events at any airport which may of may not exist & absolve myself of all attributable knowledge. I am not a pilot. & if I was (which Im not) I certainly wouldn't do something as stupid as that. Fact.

Traaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.