PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair 'floating base' during line training
Old 6th Mar 2008, 19:24
Slick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stansdead I think you ment 70K - if indeed thats how much its costs is for a licence no? Nothing more. We have all been there only some of us didnt jump straight to the right hand seat of a 732, 1-11, 727 or whatever, so we earned crap money working our way up scaring the ****e out of ourselfs on our own during vairous crap jobs. Would I change that - no I wanted to fly, but at 20-25 I wouldnt have turned down a Jet job with 200 hrs either. In the long run I would have been far better off too - money wise that is.

Knee Trembler you either are taking the piss working for the goverment or from an airfield that closes early. You are also over crewed by the looks of things as well. If you are working for an airline I personally would be a little concerned if my aircraft were tucked up that early just how they were being paid for.

Calypso I am not offended at all. You are all entitled to your opnions however uninformed they are, but believe me RA is far from the lowest form of jet employment as you put it, In the western world or anywhere in the world.

Guys think about it. Ryanair cadet joins at 20yrs or there abouts spends one year earing crap money- and it aint that crap. Year 2 money gets better year 3 hes doing 3-4 grand a month year 4 hes a Captain if hes any good clearing 5 - 5.5 grand a month maybe more depends where he is. He also has options most of his friends can only dream about - jesus SFI/TRI/LTC/TRE positions that he would never get else where, probably a base near his home. On top of all that its the best roster in the business unless you own your own plane.

Now is that so bad?