PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Re-start training at another FTO?
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2008, 18:46
SkyCamMK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If an FTO gets a student that requires extra time they will sideline him/her and hope they get the message. If you as an FTO prefer to train only the brighest and quickest learners that has not much to do with whether or not you could make it to RHS. If you can get to Cranfield I could fly you and convince you in one hour that you can fly well enough. If you put in the requisite amount of effort you would get a licence at least at PPL. The advice about GAPAN is good but anyone who can drive can fly IMHO. Your learning style should match the teaching style for max progress. Some instructors cannot vary their teaching style. Do not give up. Do not give away any more cash until you have flown at a club with a CFI or similar. Good luck PM if you wish. I was chopped on jets in the RAF in 70's and rightly so at the time but I still knew I had the "potential" having passed the tests and being commissioned. Life is odd at times. I was in my 40's before I got round to the JAA ATPL's. Time is on your side. You should write and ask for copies of your instructor comments and for a full explanation. Another school would get your records if you move. There is hope....CU