PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Sponsorship Rumour?
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2008, 18:46
adwjenk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey,

I think the comment that 'the best' get onto cadet schemes is very wrong. I know dam good pilots who are Integrated and modular and did not get onto cadet schemes due to some being to young and some being to old!
Also some pilots have no drive to work for airlines like netjets, I know many who wanted to fly airliners and not business jets to start their career, some who aim to fly jets and not turboprops hence why some people do not apply to Flybe.
Each to there own in my opinion, and all the best to everyone.
Cadet schemes are far and few between now these days, netjets seems to be the only continuous one at OAT.
The reason so many are going to Ryanair is it offers plenty of jet hours and a good place to start a career, nice aircraft even though the T&C are not the same as British Airways etc... (please do not start off slagging Ryanair, this is being done else where and to be honest has go way over the top).
I would agree that the chances are there for BA to open up a monitored scheme or offer some form of financial support, but I do not see it being a fully sponsored course. As many have said part sponsored will still get lorry after lorry pulling up at Cranebank with applications.
All the best to everyone I do hope this happens it will generate some fantastic opportunity and could force other airlines into the same situation, then you never know airlines might start offering more financial aid to candidates to try and draw more towards their company!
Who knows

ADWJENK