PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Re-start training at another FTO?
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2008, 18:04
Hufty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know who the FTO is that is being discussed here is but I am still amazed that you get assessed to see if you're worthy enough to give an organisation £80k, then when they decide you are, you give them it and you're not the customer! THEN they tell you you're not good enough! I mean, let's really just stop and think about that for a minute......where else in any other industry would that happen? I'm not getting at anybody who has posted here (all very good advice) ....maybe me just getting a little too much like Victor Meldrew in my old age!!

PAJ is spot on though - it sounds like a compatibility issue - tell them to poke it, take your money and go somewhere else..

It is YOUR money, YOUR career, YOUR training. They need to do what YOU want and YOU are doing them a favour by giving them YOUR money. They are in it for the profit and don't give a fig about YOU so don't be afraid to be a little more assertive with these characters. Some people view these FTOs as "gatekeepers" to an airline career.....no. They are just third parties sitting between you (the pilot) and the employer (the airline). I'm not saying that you shouldn't play the game, just make sure you realise that it is all about YOU!!

Anyway, I'll get me coat. Rant off!