PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Left Axis Deviation on ECG...
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2002, 18:27
tom775257

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

thanks for that.... .So it sounds like as long as the deviation isn't caused by something like a previous heart attack or other serious problem, as long as you are willing to jump through some CAA hoops, you can get your medical.. .I have been up to the medical library here at uni, and reading a bit about it, and from the info that didn't go straight over my head...one other possiblity in my case if I understand correctly: I have slightly raised blood pressure (OK for medical, but still on the high side of moderate) and a fairly high resting pulse rate probably due to my lack of fitness in general..(1 year as a computer tech, followed by being a uni student drinking too much.) This leads to the left ventrical in the heart which supplied blood to the aorta becomes thicker, as it does more work even at rest. This can lead to a left axis deviation also. Solution? Excercise, get my resting B.P. and pulse rate down, and hope that that will bulk up the right ventrical with the extra cardiovascualr work and normalise the electrical transfer, or due to lower resting work rate of the left ventrical; hope that it will reduce in muscle thickness.. .Well, I am afraid that is the limits of the knowledge of the few minutes with a text book. Please correct me if wrong, I could be talking rubbish..... .I guess the best way to solve a problem is first understanding it.. .Cheers all,. .Tom.. . . . <small>[ 06 March 2002, 14:33: Message edited by: tom775257 ]</small>