PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA Part 66 "B1" Distance Learning?
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2008, 14:35
tonkaplonka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good plan. I'm leaving the mob soon and I have just been given employment from my 1st interview. All because I have passed most of my Part-66 modules. I used an ELC to pay for LBP notes, modules 1 to 10. I'm a sootie with X500 and found that I didn't need the full package from LBP, but with not a lot of advice going around 2 years ago I blindly followed them. For Modules 1 to 6 I found the notes useful but never used the tutors at all. I sat M10 at Perth college using the £175 SLC, I broke even by the time I claimed my expenses. For M8 their notes were next to useless and I used the book Mechanics of Flight by AC Kermode. For modules 7, 9 and 12, I'm doing the full time course at Perth and I'm getting the RAF to pay for most of it using an ELC, SLC and my resettlement money. Thats 10 weeks in total at AST in Perth. When studying for for the CAA exams I also used club66pro.co.uk. This website was invaluable when it came to revision questions. Also as mentioned, airmech.co.uk is a good place for advice and you get a 20% discount at AST in Perth for registering. For m15, gas turbines, I've bought the Rolls Royce book. I haven't sat the exam yet, but the practice questions seem pretty straight forward for a sooty.
Good luck.