PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unpredictable DGCA
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2008, 12:38
alouette3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
getsetgo:

I admire your nationalist attitude. But with all due respect ,you and your attitude sucks big time. It is attitudes like yours that have permitted the Indian DGCA and the GOI to have their collective heads up their a****.
Forget about Katrina and all that other crap you posted earlier. How does a common man deal with the DGCA? Riddle me that,Batman.
The plain unvarnished and unpalatable (to some ) truth is that while there is progress and prosperity in India today(for which everyone should be proud), the government and the infrastructure are still in the Dark Ages. Otherwise how can you explain the fact that the nation that provides computer programmers worldwide ,has a departmnet (DGCA) that won't even respond to an email or query?How can you explain the fact that the nation that has the finest doctors in the world allows only two or three organizations to conduct a flight physical? I could go on but you get the picture.
I will tell you why.It is because the babus and people like getsetgo make the rules.They would rather stay in the last century than come out and ply with the rest of the world.
Sorry if I sound peeved but I have had enough of the DGCA and their ass kissing supporters. Those expats who want to go to India for pay, aircraft type qualification, adventure etc. you have been warned. If you want any of those things try the Gulf or SE Asia. Let the Indian private airlines park/crash their expensive new toys before they kick the DGCA into catching up.Until then nothing will or has changed.
Thanks for letting me vent. I feel better now.
Alt3.
P.S The FAA might be rude but at least they respond to emails and telephone calls and ,more times than not, they perform as advertised.