PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair 'floating base' during line training
Old 6th Mar 2008, 12:24
Ellsam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having experienced the ryr way and left this is how it was for me.
I had over 12 different line training captains. All different in small ways but each one gave me knowledge and an appreciation of the job required. Some at times liked the sound of their own voice but this was far and few. I was lucky and was in one base for line training. Others I knew moved around but this gave them more experience. You did have your own costs but jump seats to places were never hard to get.
The training was structured and I enjoyed it greatly.
I moved due to pay and base issues. I still have quite a few mates who are there who enjoy it, to a point.
At times I wish I had stayed for more experience and the valuable hours gained going into the back end of beyond, but as pilots leaving in the last year were not allowed back in favour of 'paying cadets' as I once was, there is no chance.
The grass is not allways greener. The work away from ryr may be easier but there organisation and stability is excellent.
The only other point I have is not a swipe, but if MOL had been told to get stuffed by the longer serving members of ryr a good few years ago surely the changing of conditions may never have come along. Is it the youngies fighting the oldies battle?. Sorry to go off the topic
Good luck and enjoy take as much from the experience as you can