PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kegworth
Thread: Kegworth
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2008, 04:36
Old Fella

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile CRM/MCC training.

It seems "Zorst" has some difficulty in accepting the usefulness of CRM or MCC training with his claim that no study has shown any benefit derived from such training. I cannot argue with his claim, but I certainly am sure that airlines are not going to spend funds on putting crew members through training courses which they cannot see as being worthwhile.

Having had many years as a Flight Engineer in both the Military and Civil environments I can tell you that I have personally experienced the benefits of CRM training. Whilst there may not have been any "study" to show a tangible benefit, and for that we only have the word of Zorst, many investigations into aircraft accidents have shown that had the PIC been willing to use his crew resources, or had not been a "one man band", the outcome would most likely have been different.

The best Captains with whom I flew were those who recognised that those occupying a crew seat had a contribution to make to the safe and efficient operation of any flight. Thankfully, most Captains these days have overcome any tendency to think of themselves as Gods.