PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar - Wannabes & Recruitment II
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2008, 02:28
ShesGreatintheGalley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rant

arrrgh! JQ Management WHAT are you doing? it drives me INSANE that they knock back experienced crew who have previous customer service experience in favour of those who have just come out of school. It has been proven time and time again that the young ones that are any good are few and far between - so many of them are lazy, wingey, unprofessional and 'know it all' as soon as they leave ground school and are checked to line. So many of them are proven incompetent once checked to line - some dont even pass their inital check! One commented in sydney a few months ago when asked to arm doors "we wern't taught to arm our doors, i dont know what that means" i mean - how do people like this get through interviews and ground school in a dazy hazy butterfly state? HOW?
There are some crew getting through that are older, which is fantastic as its really noticeable and they are instantly 'part of the team' - they fit in nicely and do their job perfectly and dont need to be kicked off the jumpseat to get out into the cabin. My peice of advice for anyone who has experience flying and has been knocked back for whatever reason - ring and email them again, explain that you are thinking that there must be a mistake and can they double check that you have definatly been eliminated as you are really really keen for this job. sell them some heart wrenching story - who knows, perhaps it will work and like others have said, the chances of them NOT accepting those with prior experience i think is purely because they are worried that they will see the conditions/flying and say 'at ansett...' (example by the way)
i just want to go to work each day and work with lovely crew who know their positional duties and give great customer service. i dont want to go to work and meet new crew fresh out of line training complaining about their roster and finding it annoying that they have to stop reading the new idea to take the time to arm their door (who complain that their school days wernt as long as flying hours etc and how tired they are etc etc and how dare that woman ask for another glass of water, i mean, helloo? i am busy talking here!)
(end of rant - thanks for your attention!)