PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MoD fury as Brown wields axe
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2008, 23:20
backTOfront

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Petition signed and at 67 now. Thanks for all your hard work, (sorry forgot to check who set it all up, my bad)

Considering I am a "merc" and have the probability of having to give up my original citizenship up to carrying on fighting for this country, I think I have a right to march if I think the train set is broken. On the plus I am single so I say damn the bloody QRs, something needs to be done.

If the march is organised then I will be there in uniform, civies or naked, I don't care. Ol Brown wants us to wonder round in uniform to drum up support for the services, well lets see what an impact it makes if a while lot of uniforms all of a sudden rock up outside no 10. It will help if we can get some senior ranks there in uniforms, like 1 star above. That way it will prove to the rest of us lesser mortals that we are not foresaken and that some of our leadership are still willing to fight for the men under their command.

In the reg (paras not raf) there is an organisation called the TLF(Toms Liberation Front). This forms only when the privates have exhausted all other means for their complaints to be heard. I have only seen it happen once. Once it did, by god did things turn around quickly. It made all NCOs, and officers up to the CO sit up and take notice and amend the problem within a week. Thats what happens when a group of soldiers stick together. Since it is a group of numerous people, no legal action is taken and everything is kept on the quiet. Less the CO or any other officers decide to become suicidal about their careers, which is not really going to happen. So if a large amount of uniforms march on No10, what will they do? Nothing.

Rant over, box burnt and I need to drown my sorrows!