PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Seasprites cancelled finally
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2008, 22:54
Going Boeing

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
How's this for spin!

Australia Government Seeks Discussion With Kaman to Conclude Super Seasprite Program

(Bloomfield, Conn., March 4, 2008) -- Kaman Corp. (Nasdaq: KAMN) said that it has been notified by the recently elected government of the Commonwealth of Australia that it wishes to initiate a negotiation with Kaman to end the Super Seasprite program on mutually agreed terms.

Responding to this overture, Neal J. Keating, chairman, president and chief executive officer of Kaman Corp., said, "We have received a communication from the Commonwealth that we are reviewing at this time with the expectation that we will enter a constructive process with the Commonwealth in order to arrive at a mutually agreeable conclusion to the Seasprite program. Although we have created a highly capable aircraft for the Royal Australian Navy and continue to fulfill our obligations to the Commonwealth under our contract, we appreciate the thoughtful approach and time invested by the current Government in addressing our program and we will work with them toward arriving at a satisfactory arrangement."

Source : Kaman Corp.

Sunfish
then the Westralia fire which was caused in my opinion by criminal negligence and stupidity on the part of the Navy
I thought that the cause of the fire was attributed to an incorrect type of fuel hose being fitted by a civilian contractor. I recall that the contractor accepted partial responsibility. The civilianisation of maintenance in the ADF is resulting in less experienced engineers doing the supervision and thus potential problems such as this don't get picked up. Contractors will always carry out the maintenance to a price - don't get me started on Qantas sending their aircraft overseas for maintenance.