PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Controversial Issue - Round 3
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2002, 23:35
mach78

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fishbed, aren't you taking yourself a tad too seriously? Who are you to take on others problems, or is it in fact an issue directly affecting you in person at the moment? . .. .Your comparison with Shipman is a compete non- sequitor.Shipman was a murderer who just happened to be a doctor.The Bristol baby scandal was a question of professional competence. . .. .If the individual concerned is as bad as you suggest, then management will find a way to remove that individual, perhaps for example by means of the competency check. However are we talking about personalities here, or professional incompetency?-that is the question.If it is the latter, fair enough then failure of the check would be the natural outcome.. .. .However as far as I can see, it could equally well have either party to blame in the example you quoted-i.e. one's opinion over another.We did not hear from the other party concerned who may well have had her own opinions on the co-pilot. Point is, how are we to judge?. .. .We must I think give training captains the benefit of the doubt here, and assume it is their responsibilty when they pass a pilot under examination, particularly a captain with question mark over his head. . .. .One thing I do concur with you, it is P1's train set and he was indeed correct to remove the offending thread, and I'm sure "glossing over the issue" never entered his head.