PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Club Reps and Drunken Pax
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2002, 17:48
BEagle

Received 328 Likes on 115 Posts
My sympathies to my commercial chums who have to fly such dreadful oiks around the sky. Whilst some failed wheelclamper might liberate them of their toe nail clippers at security, no-one seems to have the moral courage to say "Get off. Walk or go by sea - you are bŁoody NOT coming on this aircraft". Because people like Watchdog would have been harping on about 'passenger abuse' or somesuch, the airline would have been moaning about schedule disruptions - hence it's easier to think "$od 'em. They'll soon be comatose in the back and it's only 3 hours home - then they're some other bug.gers worry!"

Until the behaviour of these lower order morons is controlled and they are refused boarding unless they conform to minimum standards of behaviour and deportment on the outbound flight, there will always be this problem.

Back in the '70s we used to travel on BCal to Espana on package holidays. All quite civilised, no yobs in football shirts or their equally unpleasant female colleagues. Because in those days the plebs knew their place......

I could never lower myself to flying shell-suited lagerlouts from Lootnairpawt to Oybeefa - I'd sooner give up flying altogether!