PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is your take home pay at the end of the month?
Old 5th Mar 2008, 20:34
blue monday

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Merlinxx - circa £20K to £25K is about right for the UK.

blue monday - depends on the operator and how little they can get away with paying you. I've seen salaries as low as £14K for a ops controller at a largish operator and anything upto around £25K - anything above is supervisor/management.

Before I left the crazy world of crewing - was on around £16k a year (or just over £1K a month take home pay) as a crewing officer, which went upto circa £19K as a supervisor. Ops controllers at the time were earning circa £19K - believe they are now on around £22K.

Once outside aviation, its scary how far behind the industry appears to be in terms of salaries. At my new employer, a secretary's starting salary is £25K a year, with 36 days leave a year. I'm on around £30K gross (£1840 per month take home) doing a job that paid £23K in the aviation business.

Looks like i've done ok then, its my first flight ops job in civi street and is a few years since i left th RAF, just incase it all goes wrong, it best not though as i love aviation, really enjoyed ops in the RAF and really want to be with this company for many years to come and am 99% sure will be ok, but just in case what is it you do outside aviation, (thinking of the transferable skills)Transport & Logistic i assume?