PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Deep Sea Diver - Airline Pilot
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2008, 19:55
bubble0seven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deep Sea Diver - Airline Pilot

I know I know it looks as if i choose my careers based on how they look, i asure you i dont, I change the subject when my current job is brought up...

It appears to be the same as flying, I pay for all my own quailifications, styaing in bed and breakfasts 350 days out of the year - am never home, have to fight for jobs when you start... beleive me i have been there I have to be honest I have had to work through out deep dark africa, the middle east ( guys taking pot shots at you in the water ) and worse in the gulf of mexico with the american divers.... I can take the ****... I've done it once already and am now the boss offshore.... but its cold, its wet and its full of numpties, the money is good now, but i remember diving in efluent for £80 a day to get a start with a company....

I am now here, I need a change, i am not scared and i have read all the posts regarding how crap hard and expensive this game is and yet I still post....

In short I in a modular way what is the best ( in terms of quality of training ) shortest na dcheapest way to become a professional and skilles pilot?

I have a romantic pull to career flight instructor as I really enjoy developing young baby divers currently and am sure that would traverse into life as a FI... although if attainable I would love to fly - as would everyone else - airlines or at least private Jets - they thrill the little boy in me. I love to fly, have jumped out of plenty of cessnas, and been to dark places in africa to dive for dimaonds in some rickety old bangers from russia i think....

Please some inside advice to circumvent un necersary expense and time wasting would be really well appreciated...

In terms of steps is this the right order? PPL - IR - Night - Instructor - Comm - ME - Jets?

Then the point i picked up in a previous thread - IR and Night before instructor ( in terms of currency ) or will that enable me to teach IR and night sooner??

Sorry to be repetitive - but I ahev been stung by the sales spin on diving courses before!

With a view to gain the magic 1000 as a FI? Can you freelance - ie can I take 10-15 days divig work a month to pay the bills this meaning i am not worried about the money as a FI

I live in south east england 3 mins from shoreham to be honest... and plan to continue working as a dive superintendant to fund this unlavish and very ungreen pasture I pursue...

I am braced for the backlash but thank you in advnace for any really golden nuggets of info and guidance that will help me realise my dream.

Yours

Bubble0seven