PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - hyperventilation & anxiety
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2001, 23:49
korvo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face hyperventilation & anxiety

after my last profcheck, and back on the ground, i started to hyperventilate. then i did not know what was happening, but now i know. according to my doctor it was caused by extreme fatigue, being overstressed and probably too much cafeine (before the flight). in the meantime i did not fly again, (working on the ground, not in aviation, due to recession) but i am planning to be airborne again soon. problem is that i got an anxiety problem now. it sounds irrational, and i know, but i am afraid of getting an hyperventilation attack again, although i know how to stop them. i am even getting a bit of agoraphobia! i am on accupuncture now, which helps, and luckily i do not need any tranquilizers... i am allowed to take unharmful herbal medicine which helps too, but my anxiety is not over yet. still having these darn hyperventilation symptoms as well... my doctor told me that about 1 out of 10 people ever suffered from the same problem, so there must be pilots that have been or are in the same situation. i would like to know what their experience is whit this problem, and how they got rid of it. please feel free to mail me. i can need some advice. thanks