PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Micro$oft doesn't give a ****
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2008, 14:48
P.Pilcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Throughout the history of PCs Microsoft has always continued its arrogance to operating system development as described above. When I first ordered one, I remember specifying DOS version 3.2 instead of the new DOS ver. 3.3 because so many people were complaining about it back in 1988! (In fact as my hard drive was over 30 mB capacity, I had to use ver 3.3 and never had any problems!). For as long as I can remember, I have always tried to avoid Microshaft's new operating systems, always preferring the old one. I think that the only exception was XP because this gave very enhanced facilities for handling digital photography and video which I wanted soon after XP came out which coincided with my requirement for a new machine. Now, like many others I am trying my hardest to avoid Vista and have a requirement for a new lappie without it. This is becoming harder and harder to find! However a new dawn is breaking with Linux and my hand is getting closer and closer to that free Linux disk on my shelf. Trouble is that if I press the button to install it, I will have a new operating system to learn which will waste hours and hours. Thus I am tempted, like Brer Rabbit "to sit in my briar patch and do nuffin". Like most other people, I ask what Vista will do for me and apart from needing a further serious memory upgrade and wasting yet more time to learn how to drive it, the answer is probably "nuffin". The ONLY thing it appears to do is to put more money in Gates' pocket!

P.P.