PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Club Reps and Drunken Pax
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2002, 14:05
TightSlot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Club Reps and Drunken Pax

I've just been watching a TV show called "Club Reps" - silly documentary on Club 18-30 kids on vacation. No wonder English tourists are not always welcome!

This week, a party of 4 (older), who had been drinking themselves senseless throughout a fortnight checked in for their JMC night RHO-MAN. We've just watched them at RHO airport getting so pissed they can't bend over, drinking neat bacardi from a water bottle, losing their tickets because their minds are mush etc. etc. One of them has prematurely discharged himself from hospital with an ongoing DVT problem, and he is later seen being highly aggressive to a Greek immigration officer.

At check -in, they are asked "Have you been drinking?" which they all deny. The smell of booze must have been overpowering at the check-in desk, and two of them at least were slurring heavily. Based on this rigorous and stringent examination of their fitness to fly, they are waved on their merry way to the aircraft.

I think that as Crew we are entitled to just a touch more support from ground staff than was demonstrated here. My view is that they should never have been accepted for travel in that state: No wonder we have problems in flight, when pax screening is as lax as this!

You may disagree...