PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2008, 11:22
Tokunbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Westcoaster,

..... Hook, line and sinker . Not wet behind the ears, 20 year in aviation - I'd get a roll of kitchen towels to clean behind your ears if I were you

Actually, I like the colours of the Caverton machines because you don't need to know what they are. There's the big red one, the little red one, the yellow peril and the big blue one, though the 109 they had which they owned was very pretty even if it was useless for out here. Bristow and Aero machines are so boring now and look almost the same, except CHC have painted Aero mchines in that lurid red and the Bristow ones have a really crap shade of blue. At least now that BGN has been restored to its former glory (only even better with those nice white registration markings) it looks much more distinctive and it's much easier to see. Sadly it won't bring back Schreiner, that's now been annihilated (though the stylised 3 range S's on he tail will be a constant reminder of the good company they bought) and Aero rotary is being gradually throttled by more layers of management. To cope with just a couple more helicopters they now have 4 so-called managers doing the job done by Captain Kobo and NN.

Whilst on the sbject of crap, what about those logos? I don't kow which is worse, the CHC flying chicken (though I guess it flies) or the kiddies seaside windmill of Bristow. On reflection I think I like the Pan African scheme best with the mock handwriting and the pastel blue and the compass rose.

Despite the kidnapping (and fortunate release) of a German of Julius Berger near Port Harcourt yesterday, it seems that accommodation here is a bigger hazard than militant action. With Aero you run the risk of being off for months with poisonous spider bites or electical fires if you live in Port Harcourt, whilst with Bristow, food poisoning and Legionnaires disease are the pleasures awaiting at Darrel's Hotel in lovely Eket