PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Cabin Crew Australia Pty Ltd (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2008, 10:31
tigerlily75

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello all ...

Hi all, newbie here, I have just applied for both Qantas & Virgin online, Melbourne based.

A few questions if I may -

How exactly does the rostering work, as in how much time do I get to spend at home in a block? I am mother of a young (well, 8yrs) child - are any FA's here parents, and do you feel you spend adequate time with your children? I would adore this job and lifestyle, but it's important to me to have some balance and not have my daughter forget who I am ....

Second question - how long after putting in the intitial application did you hear anything at all? Just wondering on a ballpark timeframe.. should I expect to wait months to hear anything at all?

And a gap on my resume, due to mat leave/raising child, do you think they will look at this negatively? There was nowhere to explain why the gap. I have great references and good customer service experience in public service.. if I get to that stage of them checking refs!

TIA! Was very grateful to find this site full of great info.. oh another question! How long do you usually get to spend in slip ports?