PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Re-start training at another FTO?
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2008, 10:30
BigEddie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re-start training at another FTO?

Hello,

I need some advice. Last year I was training with a well known FTO, however 30+hours in to my training the FTO weren't happy to continue with my training as they said they didn't think I had the skills & apptitude to go all the way to a RHS. In my opinion I felt this was just an excuse to get rid of me as I had made my feelings clear that I wasn't making much progress, 6months of training with only 30hours flying and 8 different instructors, (some instructors with low hours and giving me conflicting information). Other guys on my course group were already taking their PPL. This was meant to be a full time course? When I orignally went for selection I passed the aptitude tests with high scores and I reached solo standard within 14hours.

My questions are these: Firstly am I capable of knowing if I can make it all the way to FO from my limited flying and secondly how do I explain what happened at my previous FTO and why am I still not there now to a new integrated FTO? In my opinion I am not happy to give up flying until I know either way, and I am considering obtaining my PPL to satisfy my curiosity. My concern is that I am putting money and time in to geting my PPL when I should/could be using it to go towards an integrated FTO?

Any answers will be appreciated and if you have any questions please ask.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by BigEddie; 5th Mar 2008 at 10:40.