PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK SAR Harmonisation
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2008, 08:28
jeepys

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Smile We have to move on

Crab,

Like many on this forum I have been the recipient of mil servicing and unlike yourself civvy servicing. If I had a pound for the number of times I could not fly in the mil due to unserviceability I would be a rich man.

I cannot remember flying in a clean mil machine ever.

Seeing it from both sides unlike yourself I can definately say that mil servicing is NOT better than civvy.

Just accept CRAB that many of those commenting on this thread have been on the other side and can therefore comment productively. You can only do it from one side.

Oh and just one other point. I have seen and worked with many ex mil pilots new to civvy procedures. If they continue with the mil attitude like yourself in civvy street they do not get on. After trying a number of jobs they eventually leave the industry to become a financial adviser. Those however that are willing to adopt the other side get on just fine.

Maybe some day we will fly together but change your attitude otherwise the EX MIL crew with probably more experience than you will put you right.

Dont get me wrong. I loved my mil days. The best times of my life. But things move on and so did I. You will have to some day. When will we see you comment here from a civvy point of view?