PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pinhole Glasses?
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2001, 20:54
Cypres

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Densil,

Dan Dare hit the nail on the head with his reference to the Book “Better eyesight without glasses”. An optician wrote this book in 1919. He was disillusioned with just fobbing people off with glasses when he knew their eyesight could be improved without the use of glasses. (If anything glasses bugger up your vision - if you doubt this then why do peoples eyesight prescriptions get stronger instead of weaker?)

Don’t let the age of the book put you off, it contains a good insight into how the whole of sight works (i.e. That squidgey grey stuff that the eyeballs are wired to) whereas opticians just concentrate on the Refractive error and try to sell you glasses.

Unfortunately the guy who wrote this book has the surname Bates. It just had to be that the only person to write something useful about curing defective eyesight had the surname Bates!

It is possible to improve you eyesight and you could try visiting the website www.seeing.org for info about Bates’s teachers.

I’m a bit short of time right now but if are interested in more info let me know.

p.s. I’ve got a copy of the book at home so I’ll update this thread with the full details tomorrow.

p.p.s. I’m currently working on improving my eyesight and having very real results.

Good Luck

Cypres