PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Women Pilots
Thread: Women Pilots
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2008, 20:59
BerksFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Harry Enfield is a legend I think it's fair to say dontpressthat.

colette,

If I'm honest I don't see how it would be harder for women to get into aviation. Opinions of the majority of men towards women in the cockpit are that they are equal. Perhaps some women think they are seeing something that simply isn't there anymore? It just happens to be a fact that more males are into it than females.

The problem is that in trying to 'encourage' females into aviation, it is putting males at a practical disadvantage. If there was a male only bursary, which I would also be against, given by OAA and say (if there was such thing) the BMPA I bet it would put a lot of females out. Very much like the female only thing annoys the likes of MarkColeman who has made a very fair point all be it in a perceived anti-women way by yourself.

I can't help but feel that you think women should be wrapped up in cotton wool and treated preferentially, when infact (shock horror) 99% of problems females face are probably faced by males aswell. It's not all about gender. Get over it.

And why does it bother you so much about being seen as different on an aero eng course? Why let it get to you? People are seen as different more often for their attitude than their sex