PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brazil Helicopter Ditching
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2008, 20:19
Geoffersincornwall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maintenance and Flight Manuals

Unstable Load

What you say about the pilots and engineers in much of the Brazilian helicopter world may be true but it may also be true of many other parts of the world into which Western helicopter manufacturers sell their wares.

What is the solution - tell me what you would suggest? Don't even think about language lessons. There aren't enough English teachers with the correct technical language skills to even touch it and the crews have neither the inclination or the spare time to crack an English course in any reasonable time-span.

What we really need is for the National Aviation Authority to refuse to certify any helicopter that is imported into their country without Technical Support in the native tongue. It beggars belief that manufacturers have such little integrity and such a lack of appreciation of the consequences of delivering an aircraft with documentation that cannot be read and understood by the guys they are delivering to. It reminds me of the worst aspects of the greedy salesman who wants to score a sale and run away from the consequences thereafter.

Before I get beaten up the same problems may well exist for Western operators of Eastern Equipment.

If they won't do it voluntarily then manufacturers ought to be made to behave responsibly.

G