PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Belfast International announces big Aircraft Storage Deal
Old 4th Mar 2008, 16:48
I'm pi$$ed off

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That aircraft has not flown that often per week for some time now, straightahead.

Also, there is more than enough room on Delta Apron for this aircraft and 3+ biz jets; it's just a matter of logistics. To have THE prime stand on the international pier denied to all other operators is pretty poor logistics. Hopefully when the new stands open, that aircraft can be towed there for it's protracted stays. That's logistics; even when using domestic flights on 21 it will cut the need to bus passengers from a domestic flight by 50% compared with using one of the new stands. And use of Gate 21 is becoming more important with the increase in international flights. Oh, and there's always stand 25 for the aircraft that, as we speak, sits on 21; it didn't go to TFS to-day.......... again.

As a frequent traveller from/to BFS, when faced with choice of the "hike" to the 'International Lounge', or standing for 10 minutes on a bus waiting to be taken to a remote stand, I know which gate I would prefer..... Gate 21!

P.S. I had occasion to arrive through Gate 29 the other day. Lovely water leak through the new ceiling at the lift! No Health & Safety notice to warn us poor members of the travelling public. Another reason for not using 28 & 29.

Last edited by I'm pi$$ed off; 4th Mar 2008 at 16:59.