PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2008, 16:07
Tim McLelland

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I take it that there have been no further developments? I note that the subject seems to have run its course on the enthusiast sites (having gone absolutely nowhere of course) now so I guess that's the end of it unless anything emerges from the TVOC "black hole" !

Just to clear-up the points raised, Gareth, yes my comments might seem contradictory but I was hoping that encouraging people to make a fuss might achieve something. But after that, it became pretty clear that all the fuss was resulting merely in people either going-off and doing their own one-man campaigns, or simply issuing endless moans about TVOC, so it became pretty obvious that all the energy and enthusiasm was never going to be centred on a proper action plan. Sadly, as the days have progressed, it's become clear that my hunch was right.

Saracen, I do know how HLF operate - I spent quite a while communicating directly with them last year, trying to convince them to put more funds into the project (seen as nobody else bothered approaching them). We went round in circles of course, but their predicable claim that they are "powerless" to do more was patently nonsense, as they can of course treat every case on its merits. Ultimately, they seemed to accept this fact but (as predicted) they finally said that they would naturally be obliged to deal directly with TVOC to establish where the project went from there onwards. So it's anybody's guess what discussions took place after that, seen as TVOC never tell us. But it convinced me that there was certainly good reason to think that out of all the rather unrealistic hoping and praying, they did (and do) represent the best (if not only) chance of saving the project. Pity that nobody else seems to think likewise.