PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MELATONIN
Thread: MELATONIN
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2002, 19:02
stevemd11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re Melatonin, have used both melatonin and Valerian Root for years. Both with great success. It appears that we all have different reaction times.. In my case I need to be laying down forty minutes after I take a Valerian Root. Yet I can wake up twenty minutes later, and feel like I just had a relaxing twenty-minute nap. No drug side effects. I have found that if I’m really wired and take two doses, sometimes I just can’t sleep. Yet I still don’t feel any drug side effects, as I have with Excedrin PM, or something like that.

During a beer break at the ‘Barge Inn’,(NRT) (legal disclaimer ;-*) )heard a long haul driver say he had used Valerian Root when taking his ‘official’ in the back, rest break, on long haul flights. First he experimented with both at home. Would take the pill and set an alarm for, say an hour later; wake up and see how he felt. Said he felt fine. In one case he was drug tested after a twelve-hour flight in which he used Valerian Root on his rest break, nothing showed on the test.