PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MELATONIN
Thread: MELATONIN
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2002, 11:18
polzin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

GKhan....: Im retired too unless I get another job. Dont use it now but when i was doing flying that took me across 5 time Zones often at night and i felt my lack of good sleep was starting to affect my safety of flying, i decide to try it. Wish i had had it for the last 30 years. Only one brand of tablet works for me. It is from GNC. You put it under your tongue. OOps just in case they arent in Europe, GNC is a vitamin store in the USA. I have given it to other crew members with the promise that they had to tell me if they didnt like it for any reason. Never had a complaint. Now I know I will get a reply from someone who thinks I encourging drugs. I AM NOT A DRUGGIE. NEVER HAVE BEEN ONE AND NEVER WILL.. Is Guiness an exception ? I like Melatonin because it doesnt always work. To me that means it is weak. It is natural. Babies sleep a lot because they produce a lot of Melatonin. The older you get , the less is produced. My dad's doctor has prescribed it to him. It does NOT knock you out. I had to take the warm bath , relax, calm down, get things quite, and then maybe it helped me to go to sleep. It was that 10% extra that helped me get to sleep. And it did make me a safer pilot.