PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar - Wannabes & Recruitment II
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2008, 02:55
AirborneSoon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Attended a Jetstar Assessment day

Attended an assessment day. The session had very few applicants, about half as many as their were seats in the room. Almost none of them were local and had flown interstate for the day. I hope they went better than me because it cost them all a fortune to be there.

The presentation on Jetstar was about 2 mins long and contained no useful information about the position or the company. All they told us was that no matter which division you apply for (short or long haul) you'll probably have to work both. No mention of pay or conditions etc....I really wonder why Australian businesses decide to only let you know what you are applying for after they offer you the job. It seems a ridiculous practice. The good news for wannabees is that they will probably be recruiting constantly until 2010 with their ambitious fleet orders. So if you want it, there will be plenty of opportunities to do so.

They basically said they were desperate for staff and hoped we would all be called back. No call by a certain time that day, you can assume they don't want you. So I'm disappointed I didn't get a call back. I did my research, turned out in a business suit, appropriate hair, makeup the lot. I can now look forward to the next round of Qantas and VB recruitment I suppose.

Met a guy today who had already had 6 airline knockbacks so it helps me to take this one on the chin.