PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Intergrated or modular
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2008, 20:54
robbybobby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intergrated or modular

Hi everyone,

Im 23, going on 24 working in a job that pays quite well and I work 2 weeks on/off. Iv always wanted to be a pilot and I did my first flight a few weeks ago. After thinking about it for months I have my heart set on going for that right hand seat.

Considering I work 2 weeks on/off I can quite easily learn while working in my current job and thus not get my self into mortgage like debt along the way from going the intergrated college route.

At the moment my thinking is going to one of the smaller schools. Multi flight in leeds or Humberside, start my PPL ASAP, get my IR done and take it from there all the way to ATPL.

My worry is that by going the modular route and going to different colleges along the way, ill end up with the ATPL(frozen) but unable to get a Job.

Also by going to a smaller school, such as the ones iv mentioned is this likely to count against me in the future when the time comes to get a job/type rating? are the advantages of the intergrated college route, with the resultant debt worth while?

Has anyone got similar experiences or advice, anything at all!!!!?

Thanks
:-)