PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unpredictable DGCA
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2008, 19:36
boeingdream787

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Indian DGCA.....LAW & DISORDER...!!!

The DGCA..........A LAW BY ITSELF........!!
These are people who have lost out in other walks of life and have used extremely corrupt means to rise in the corporate system and then become a law unto themselves....
Take for example the fact that you have to have a Dgca "interview" when you change from one indian carrier to another......or the fact that a Dgca "rep"( read Foi ) has to be present when you are being cleared for as an indian Tre/Tri/Sfi or Cp...!! Or the fact that AFTER getting 90%+ in an ATPL written exam,you STILL have to appear for a 'personal interview' with the Dgca FOI ( who makes sure he's 'not available' for months on end ) before passing his/her ATPL papers.ALL in he name of some currency exchanging palms between the Foi and the airline..( which has been amply corroborated by buddies of mine flying in the region ).
There were times in the indian aviation scenario when such 'babuism' would go unnoticed.But in today's media savvy,yuppie and educated, young aviation scene such corrupt ways and non transparent systems would only get the Director General (Mr Gohain in this case) and his organisation the wrath (if not more ) of the GOI and the Civil aviation ministry....to say the least!! I wonder if Mr Kanu Gohain(DG) even knows whats cooking in the embers....! Fact of the matter is that the MOST corrupt officials in the Dgca are sadly our own bretheren.The aviator who has graduated to become the babu....the Foi/Cfoi.
Far from over is this battle.All I can say is that they better mend their corrrupt ways.Or they better understand that the pilot is an enemy not worth taking up arms against and surely one to reckon with.
Every man has his skeleton,and every ghost has a shadow....