PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Age Discrimination: Fighting the CAA! (+ update)
Old 3rd Mar 2008, 18:37
MBJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tribunal news

For those who couldn't make it, Ian's case started late because the tribunal staff had to find extra tables for the 50-odd box files of "Evidence" that the CAA has deemed fit to bring to the court. A central table was piled so high it was barely possible to see the CAA Barrister, Mr McManus QC.

The three tribunal members have to read through this stuff and it is my personal view that it has been deliberately generated in order to muddy the waters and confuse the issue - which is actually ludicrously simple. Are pilots aged over 60 more likely to have an accident than younger ones, however caused?

Answer: No, case closed. Change UK law.

The case was adjourned at lunchtime so the tribunal could get stuck into the paperwork.

Seeing the lengths that the CAA are going to to protect the status quo has conspicuously failed to give me a warm and fluffy feeling today when I realise it will be my (sorry, our!) taxes that are paying Mr McManus wages - and those of his four assistants. Not to mention the two CAA apparatchiks watching.

Moving swiftly on, Ian will be cross-examined on his opening statement tomorrow. The Barrister wants a whole day to do this and it will be fascinating to see where he is going to take it. Any support from those with an interest (Surely all pilots?) will be welcomed by Ian.

More tomorrow...