PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I Wish I Hadn't Said That ...
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2008, 14:44
GPMG

It's probably an urban myth.

First Drill whilst jabbing a Mne Rct in the chest with his pace stick: "There's a c**t on the end of this stick isn't there Rct Dawson"

The soon to be dead Rct Dawson: "Not at my end Sir".

N.B. First Drill is like your standard nasty, shouty, drill nazi but multiplied by 10.

Also something that apparentely happened.

Heard over the tannoy at Lympstone CTC

"Do you hear there, do you here there......Rct Brown report to the guardroom, your Granddad has just died.....That is all".

This did happen as I was on the firing line at the time.

Finishing the multiple position range stance at Lydd, one of our Cpl's paid the price for his stupidity by sending an ND whistleing off down the range.
He tries to make light of it by turning to his mate and in a stupid 70's game show type voice says "ND!!!!!!, well hows about that then."

Unfortunately for him the CO and RSM had just turned up and were standing about 5 meters behind him. The RSM (who was just horrible) went on to explain the error of the Cpl's ways and why said Cpl was at that moment comparable to 7 shades of sh*t and how the RSM looked forward to seeing the Cpl manning the Guard room for life after having been charged to hell and back.

The look on the Cpl's face as his world imploded was priceless.

And something that I wish I had never said was probably the worst look forward ever given at the end of a lecture. At the end of a Navigation by night (use of stars) lecture.

Me: "Ok then as a look forward. Your out on Ringmoor for a Navex this evening, for tonight the stars are above you, crack on"

It was an off the cuff comment and it was only when I was uttering it that I realised just how pants it was. All I get is 30 blokes cracking up and giggleing and snide comments for the rest of the week.

Last edited by GPMG; 3rd Mar 2008 at 15:05.