PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2008, 12:53
saracenman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tim McLelland,

whilst TVOC themselves continue to do whatever it is that they do (or don't do), we club/forum members certainly have NOT ceased our efforts in the least bit. i for one am determined to broadcast OUR achievments far and wide; OUR publicity campaign really HAS been bearing fruit - the huge increase in membership is proof of that. MPs are STILL signing up and showing interest and the press campaign has NOT finished at all.

as for the HLF - i really feel that you don't quite appreciate how they operate - over the years they have given millions to charitable projects that have collapsed or failed - some that never even got going in the first place. that's the 'gamble' they take; they certainly don't chase projects around and inject more cash 'as and when'.

what i and others within the club/forum are endeavouring to do, is merely raise awareness to the wider population than TVOC (or their less than impressive PR agency) has managed so far. there are still very many people in the UK that are completely unaware of 558 - and the fact that they all own an equal share in her.

of all the 40 million adults in the UK - if only 10% of those gave £1 each that's £4m already - 1%? £400,000! personally, i don't want one penny of my own money going anywhere near the pocket of those whose job we have proven we have done for them - but i (as we all do) want 558 to fly! and i want the whole nation to know about it!

sm