PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Laser treatment and medical class I
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2001, 18:02
Bomber Harris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the FAA have no problem about it whatsoever. If you have the procedure while active class 1 holder you just get a form filled out by the eye surgeon about 6 weeks after the op to say everthing has settled down then your back on line. It should be no problem at all if you have had the op before your first class 1. A lot of info on the FAA website.....hard to sift through but it is there.

I'm not sure how the CAA would react if you told them you lied to them. The fact you hold the class one means that there are no technical problems with your eye and you have proven that by actively flying. I suspect your problem is more a political one with regard to how you approach them and they react.

I would suggest not doing anything at all....leave what's well alone. However, if you have some demons in your head telling you to go to the CAA, then I would suggest calling Doctor Perry for a consultation first. He is pro pilots getting medicals and is on the medical board so he would be able to advise on how to break the news. See him in his private practice in his capacity as a GP rather than a CAA rep if you get the gist of what I'm saying!

Best of luck whatever you do.