PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aus Customs
Thread: Aus Customs
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2008, 20:26
RedTBar
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And what if my laptop was found to have copies of pirated software, music, movies, TV shows, etc...? Are they now the Copyright Act enforcers?
As far as I know there is a body or group that produces movies and music and from what I have heard is led by a well known company that starts with 'S'.
Although customs is not a 'copyright' enforcement agency I believe that this group have asked customs to inform them of anyone who brings in fake or pirated goods.

I'm not sure if it an official request or is up to the individual customs officer.

I don't think customs is interested in people with a dvd or two or some MP3's.Then again if you are bringing in dozens of them you might be pushing the friendship a bit.

The bottom line is that whatever you bring in you do so at your own risk and yes with technology being ever more sophisticated big brother is getting bigger.That's why I would never have anything of a personal nature that would be embarrasing if found on my lap top when entering the country.

As far as personal freedoms go if you are not attempting to bring anything illegal into the country then you don't have anything to worry about do you?