PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EH101 Merlin
Thread: EH101 Merlin
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2008, 18:45
dmanton300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"dmanton:

You were wrong. So be a man and apologize."

Actually, I don't have a problem with that, and have no issue with apologising for my confusion. So without further ado, I apologise to Mr Lappos for misinterpreting his comments, it was based on their appearance at that time in the thread, and my erroneous interpretation of such.

That said, it is a basic fact that in regard to the -101/S-92 debate he has exhibited little but sour grapes and sneary derision for a number of years now, all the while remaining remarkably silent about things like the continued delay to the Cyclone programme, delays which are, to be blunt, exposing Canadian pilots to further, and in many's opinion unacceptable risks which would appear to be largely due to unrealistic promises made in the bidding stage and are now coming home to roost with nary a peep from anyone on here. It's that "free pass" I alluded to earlier.

I have no problem with opinions and debates, it is after a rumour forum. But the apparant ready willingness of people to accept anything he says as gospel simply due to his (and I'll say it again for any who missed it first time - extremely impressive!) past is almost pavlovian in quality.

But I guess history will be the final arbiter of the S-92/-101 debate won't it? For now my opinion remains the the -92 is just an S-61 with forty years of development and ideal for those looking for a 21st century S-61, but militarily is pretty much a solution looking for a problem. Canadian political machinations aside, a square peg in a round hole.

Maybe I should just go back to lurking and reading? I can see pitchforks and torches on the hill, and somebody just started playing track two side two of Moving Pictures again!