PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Regional Airlines & other
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2008, 16:46
Lear60Dude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The feeder world has always been a sh*thole. When I worked for them we were still under 135 rules and they could fly the hell out of us for only pennies on the dollar but luckily we were forced to the 121 world. I did that after spending 3 years as a CFI to land a job flying single pilot 135 freight for years then off to the regionals( at that time you had to have 3000+ to get a job with the regional) to hopefully land that job with a legacy. Well economy turned south and I got stuck at a regional for a looonng time. Regional today? Still sh*tty pay, some what better work rules but with the Age 65 rule about to take effect you will get stuck there for a looonngg time before you get to head for a legacy. Also look at the economy hitting the skids and fuel going thru the roof. Do not be surprised if all the feeders are told they have to re-negotiate their contracts. Finally be ready to do the hub and spoke where you see the same places all the time.
Good side? Well I have made some of my best friends while working at the feeders, have great memories of overnights and trips. Even though it was a long hard road to get where I am now I would have never changed a damn thing.
So if you do this be ready for a wild ride, while some love it and others hate it,you will not know yourself unless you try it.

Last edited by Lear60Dude; 2nd Mar 2008 at 17:08.