PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BOURNEMOUTH - 2
Thread: BOURNEMOUTH - 2
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2008, 16:39
Flitefone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting debate.

I'm familiar with the CIA issues and working with the business side of Italian airport companies in general (a nightmare in my experience) but the route has merits. Another 12 months and they will have sorted something out!

Currently some pax are taking the Pisa flight and then train to Rome. It's a decent trip down the coast.

Time will tell for Rome direct..

Either way, I am confident of double digit pax growth at BOH for several years yet.

As for other destinations, long or short haul, what BOH has is a reasonable runway, in a wealthy catchment and not too far from London. The lack of availability of peak time runway slots elsewhere will drive growth.

Logic says grow longer routes where competition from SOU cannot be there..

I know COA have looked at BOH-EWR in the past and Zoom too I believe.

As for DXB or more specifically the Gulf, I firmly believe that we will see the top 10 UK regionals with DXB/Gulf services at some stage... BRS for sure, EDI, ABZ once the runway extension is done and probably LBA, BOH and EMA in the fullness of time. Would'nt be surprised to see Jet 2 make a move on the DXB and NYC routes from Leeds.

Both Etihad and Qatar want more of the UK - Gulf market too.

We already have LHR, LGW, LTN, STN , BHX, MAN, GLA & NCL to DXB... where next I wonder?

OK I'm rambling...! Thats enough for now!

Flitefone