PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LH A320 Rough Landing @ Hamburg
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2008, 09:49
lambourne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It makes no difference to the flight path as when you are bouncing from one stop to the other all you are doing is exercising the stick, the aircraft can't react that fast!
Thanks for the advice but I was not hitting the stick from side to side. I was at the lateral limits trying to keep the wing from rising. Being one of my first trips out of the box and not a seasoned Airbus veteran it took me by surprise that it did not fly like an airplane in those conditions. (hold stick to keep wing down) The whole rate command issue with the AB in x-winds is a mental contest that is not intuitive unless you have drank from the French cup for quite some time. I spent 36 months on the bus and got off as soon as I could to go back to the Boeing. I miss the tray table and the quite cockpit but other than that it is a compromise airplane. It does a few things OK but nothing great and you have to be half a computer engineer to accomplish CB resets to trick fornicate the airplane into repairing itself. Certainly, don't miss the early morning departures with "1FD1" hidden on the PFD followed by the call to mtc and the goat roping exercise that followed to "fix" this issue.

Flying the 777 now and when the engines don't decide to quit there is hardly an issue. It just seems to work and does most everything very well. Too bad I don't hear the same from fellow pilots about ANY of the Airbus series of airplanes.