PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - amber EFOB msg in A320 ...
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2008, 03:34
IFLY_INDIGO
Beau_Peep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clarification...

friends, I see a confusion about the subject of the thread... What I meant was to discuss the pilots action "once you are in amber EFOB situation" due to any reason, not to discuss the fuel uplift.. I should have not added the first 2-3 lines in the opening post.. kindly ignore that...

the scenario is " after airborne, or sometime in the cruise, you see EFOB amber in FMGS"... what should be the legal & practical action NOW?

Tail-take-off , as per indian regulation, in case of replanning the flight in air, you should still be meeting the requirements of the minimum fuel NORMALLY.. now not meeting the requirements would make the scenario abnormal..

Clandestino, in my knowledge, take off would be a violation/illegal if pilot sees the amber EFOB (negative EFOB) before takeoff and continues with the takeoff.. it means that you are taking off with less the 'minimum required fuel' as per regulations...

Right way up, in my knowledge, the contingency fuel is meant to be used in the air, not on the ground. you can not count the contingency fuel 'in' till the time you are airborne.. once you are airborne, FMGS automatically makes it zero and thats the reason why I got extra time positive, after taking off with negative extra time...

javelin, my company also has the policy for operating to some destinations without alternate..

cheers..

Last edited by IFLY_INDIGO; 2nd Mar 2008 at 03:51.