PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - waterford ptc.ya right
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2008, 03:18
Pjlot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unprofessional ??? u be the judge!

Hi guys

I think PTC has some serious managment and organisation issues. I visited them last year and booked the skills test. The computerised test was supposed to start at 10am. I was suppose to be in the air between 1 and 2pm for skills test. I was fobbed off when i arrived and told there was an hour delay. I accepted that but the delay grew and so did the lies.

Finally I sat the test at 3pm very frustrated and annoyed by the events and unprofessional behavior! Nothing was explained about the aptitude test and what was said sounded like it was being read from text. I asked a question and the answer i was given was "excellent thats great & good luck" which proves that particular member of staff neither had interest my question or their own professionalism. I was interupted no less than 9 times during the test by staff (one in particular 3 times) barging into the room with students then wasting my exam time with lenghty apologies. I went up in the air for the skills test and 7pm, this was very relaxing and i loved it. The stress and frustration of the day disappeared.

I arrived back at the briefing room and found out the reason i was delayed was another potential student had flown in that morning and needed to fly out on the last flight that evening. He unknowingly was given my time. The reason for this was he was interested in the integrated route where as i had stated from the onset i was interested in the modular route. I would not have been spending as much money up front. I made it clear to PTC that i was interested in the modular route when i first called in to the college. While in the briefing room after my skills test I was told that they did not offer a modular route in Waterford but they could arrange it in conjunction with another school. (PTC appears to be a modular course dressed up as integrated) I have never recieved another call from them. They could have told me before i booked the exam day that they did not offer a so called modular route through waterford, but they choose to tell me when they had my money and i had finished the days exams. In my mind this knowingly mislead me! I wasted my money with an organisation that did not offer the training i was looking for.

Anyone reading this can judge it for themselves. Before i booked the exam with them i did my research about PTC. I read alot of unfavourable reports from past students etc. I also read some reports defending PTC. I decided to give them the benifit of the doubt and to see for myself.

What is my opinion of PTC now, based on my experience?
I feel that the people operating on front line will tell you what you want to hear! That includes them knowingly giving you wrong and misleading information. I don't know if senior managment are aware (or care) how they are being represented by their junior front line staff, but what i witnessed and experienced on the day left alot to be desired. It all had an air of imaturity, unprofessionalism and lack of interest.

Apologies for the long text, its not a fraction of what went on the day. But my honest advice to anyone thinking of spending 95k on training is to seriously look else where and weigh up all your options. If you are the type of person who doesn't mind wasting money and using it to pay for other peoples mistakes then go for it.

After all that i think the instructor who brought me up in the aircraft and conducted my skills test was excellent and a credit to the organisation. I believe he was called in at short notice but was extremely professional in how he presented himself and theorganisation. Pity the front line representatives are letting people like him down.

Best of luck to all

Last edited by Pjlot; 5th Mar 2008 at 19:25.